Wednesday, June 28, 2017, the PLESD School Board adopted the Budget and LCAP (Strategic Plan) for the 2017-18 school year. The budget and strategic plan continue to include:
1) Core classes 4-8 grade will continue to have class sizes at a maximum of 28 students.. TK-3 classes will be 24:1.
2) At the elementary schools, we will continue to have a music teacher, an art teacher and each site will have a full time PE teachers. The music and art teachers will switch back and forth between the two sites. Students will receive at least 90 minutes a week of these enrichments.
3) At the middle school, we will continue to offer a strong enrichment wheel including Spanish, art, band, and STEM.
4) PLESD will continue to build on the Project Based Learning experiences that many students participated in last year.
5) Technology used as a learning tool will continue to be a focus for the 2017-18 school year. Money will be dedicated to helping teachers use technology in new ways to enrich students learning.
6) Finally, PLESD continues to invest in our staff. Staff development will continue in reading, writing, math, best instructional practices, and project based learning.
We are extremely proud of the work that we are doing to better the educational system for the students of Plumas Lake.
Jeff Roberts Ed.D.
Plumas Lake Elementary School District